Sunday, August 8, 2010

BP3_RootMusic

I came across an amazing discovery of www.rootmusic.com.  After making an account, I found that I was able to make a band or music promotion page for Facebook.  Those that have been on Facebook probably have seen band pages before, but this is different.  This site allows you to add music and a whole bunch of different features.  Unfortunately, in order to get all of the really cool features like coloring and banners you need to pay $2 a month.  The standard features are nice though and definitely are a nice touch if you are in my profession.


As you can see from the picture, the standard features include a player for music.  It also has your band logo to the left of the player.  In the middle of the picture, there were areas for contact information, band members, photos, and videos.  To the bottom of that is a great area to promote upcoming gigs and concerts.




The complete bottom of the page has a great link to Twitter.  Since I have an account for my music department, and that is what I created this page for, I linked the two accounts.  The bottom instantly started showing a feed of my Twitter account, including post that the students and parents have replied too.




On top of this website, in order to upload a song, I had to create an account on www.soundcloud.com which is a nice site for uploading music.  The two sites sync together, which then syncs to your facebook.  If you click here, you can go to my facebook page made for my music department that I teach.  I feel like this will be a great way to promote the songs that the students create.  This will allow students, their parents, the community, and others to check out what is happening in my music department.

No comments:

Post a Comment