Saturday, August 21, 2010

BP8_PodOmatic

PodOmatic is a podcast publishing and sharing website.  It allows you to create podcast through the site by recording through a microphone or uploading a file from your computer.  I think this site would make a great addition to my music curriculum.  I can create a class podcast page, and/or students can create individual podcast pages where they can all publish their works.

(My Podcast Page)

I have already uploaded a song, which is the same song I have uploaded on the other Web 2.0 sites as well.  If you click here, you can check out my page.  When you go to a profile, you have several options.  You can subscribe to the podcast feed, which will automatically download the uploaded audio directly to your computer through iTunes.  You can subscribe to the RSS feed, which will let you know when new things have been posted.  You can follow the profile and also receive email updates of when things are published.

When you click to play on a song, a new menu comes up with with similar options, as seen below.



Another cool feature is that the site gives you the html code to post it to another website.  If I wanted to post it to my school site or someplace else, it would be a great way to provide background music, or show of students' works in other places.

(Html code imported into my band site)

This is a wonderful site, full of amazing options and opportunities.  Check it out at, www.podomatic.com.  Thank you!




1 comment:

  1. Hi Kevin, This is a really cool tool to have for your class. I have been reading how much you enjoy teaching band and I think this tool would really be useful in your classroom. I really love the way you have inserted links to be able to listen to music. I like following your page because you always have interesting things to look at.

    ReplyDelete